I own 3 small businesses, all home based and very different from each other (photography, wealth advising & real estate investing). My wife & I have turned our basement into an office. We have 1-2 other people that come in and help throughout the weeks (photography & bookkeeping jobs), so it is a constant revolving door here. We are VERY family friendly, laid back, have a Christian worldview and flexible with schedules. We don’t work in the office on weekends or evenings. We have a dog that might lick your face off.
We are looking for a P/T Director of Operations (aka office assistant or office manager) to work 15-20 hours/week. Our companies are expanding, and I am in need of someone to help with much of the day to day jobs that eat up my time when I need to be spending it on other things, such as growing the business.
Office assistant will be doing any of the following on a given day. This list is not exhaustive, but intended to give you an idea of what the day to day needs are:
- Answering/returning phone calls & emails from multiple accounts
- General filing and organizing around office
- Photo Event management including everything from contracts, staffing event, logistical planning of event
- Equipment & supply management / inventory and ordering
- Intake/Prep of photo equipment for photo shoots that come in and are going out each weekend
- Online order fulfillment
- Photo order printing & shipping
- Proficient on computer (MS word, excel, email, etc)
- Comfortable with technology (we have a wide range of formats being used from Google Keep, Square, Adobe programs, Wealth Management software, email programs, etc.)
- Personable and comfortable making phone calls/answering phone
- Self driven – we may have days you come in and no one is in the office to tell you what to do – what do you do??
- MUST have reliable transportation
- Must have good organizational skills – I am running around w/ my head cut off half the day, so the ideal person will be good at catching what I’m throwing at them (not literally!), and know how to keep track of what’s going on when I’m discombobulated and spread too thin.
- MUST BE reliable, punctual, show up when scheduled – understanding there are things that come up in life that can change a schedule last minute, but you can’t have a lifestyle of last minute changes.
- Must be able to take instruction when it conflicts with your ‘style of doing things’.
- Honesty & Integrity are important in our companies, so we like to bring people on board who mesh well with that mindset.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Pay: $15-$20/hr DOE.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, please send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will consider all responses, but you would do well to have a brief intro about yourself (ie: what are you up to these days, and why are you looking for a job?), and have a resume. Recent grads, stay at home moms, 2nd part time job, anyone is welcome to apply!